Monday through Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays, & Holidays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Since 1984 VHMA’s Urgent Care has continuously strived to make getting medical care for life’s many unexpected, episodic common illnesses or injuries less stressful, more convenient, and always as affordable as possible, while ensuring quality of care and exceptional service.
- Today’s healthcare service alternatives and considerations:
- Primary Care Physicians, especially in light of our nations worsening PCP shortage, are best suited for long term care issues, such as preventative care, chronic disease management, and overall coordination of one’s healthcare.
- Costs are comparable to those at Urgent Cares and Retail Clinics, but convenience and access are limited due to appointments usually needed, and most often available only on weekdays and typical between 9:00 a.m. to noon and 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Hospital-based Emergency Rooms:
While ERs are clearly the service alternative of choice for ‘true life or limb threatening’ problems (IE. True Emergencies), they are clearly not one’s best choice for ‘life’s many common illnesses or injuries”
- Hospital-based Emergency Room costs are clearly significantly higher than any other healthcare service alternative. A recent study concluding that ER costs are 686% higher than those for the same services and quality of care received at an Urgent Care, with many insurance company’s co-payments being substantially lower than ER co-payments
- The environment can often be unnecessarily stressful, as true emergencies are being cared for
- The wait times are often quite long, with average total visit time +/- 220 minutes
- Retail Clinics:
These service alternative sites are suited for very minor conditions where only basic services are needed.
- Costs comparable to Urgent Care costs
- No Physician on-site, staffed by only Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants
- Available services quite limited by small facility size and provider expertise
- No X-ray, No Orthopedic care, No significant Laceration repairs, No other minor Surgical procedures, No Intravenous fluid or medication administration etc. (One will need to be transferred to a higher level of care facility for these and other care needs.)
- Urgent Care:
Urgent Cares are a healthcare service alternative that bridge the gap between the comprehensive services available and provided by hospital-based ERs 365/24/7, and those limited services, expertise, or availability to a PCP or a Retail Clinic.
- Costs comparable to those of a PCP or Retail Clinic, and between 6 -7 times less than the cost of same services and quality received in a hospital-based ER
- Physician On Duty at All Times
- Convenient access, most open 365 days per year with extended weekday, weekend and holiday hours
- Total Visit Time +/- 60 minutes
- Broad scope of services available, including X-ray, Minor Surgery, Orthopedic Care, Respiratory Treatments, Intravenous Hydration, Laboratory, and much more.
Verdugo Hills Medical Associates’ Urgent Care is clearly your very best choice when deciding where to get quality medical care and superior service for any of life’s unexpected, episodic common illnesses or injuries at an ‘affordable and reasonable price’.
Links to Emergency Room versus Urgent Care Costs:
At VHMA Urgent Care we treat both adults and children for a wide range of illnesses, common conditions and injuries, as well as provide several special services, including but not limited to the following.
|* Abdominal Pain
* Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
* Insect Stings
* Medication Side Effects
* Mood Disorders
* Nail Infections
* Nausea / Vomiting
* Nose Bleeds
* Poison Oak/Ivy
* Sexually transmitted diseases
* Sinus Infections
* Skin Conditions
* Sore Throats
* Stomach Flu
* Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
* Urinary Tract Infections
* Wart Removal
* Auto Accidents (Whiplash Injuries etc.)
* Back Strain/Pain
* Broken Bones (Fractures)
* Burns (1st & 2nd degree, small)
* Crush Injuries
* Falls (From Less than 7 feet)
|* Head Injuries (Minor)
* Lacerations (Repairs Requiring Sutures)
* Nail Injuries (Finger/Toe)
* Neck Strain/Pain
* Splinter Removal
* Sprains (Any Joint)
* Strains (Any Muscle)
We at VHMA Urgent Care recognize the uniqueness of children under 2 years of age. If you have a child is in this age group that requires care we recommend that you please see your pediatrician or go to your closest hospital’s Emergency Department for evaluation and care.